Updated: Mar 31
I am honestly not exaggerating when I say that Youtube is nothing less than a wonderland. The platform has all the help one can ask for on any topic under the sun. Need to cook something- you’ll find it there. Need motivation to study better- you’ll find that there too. Want to spend hours just watching someone else live their life- it’s got you covered there too!
Every creator who makes content on Youtube puts a part of themselves in the video. It’s really full to the brim with amazing people helping everyone around the globe in ways beyond my imagination. So here’s a list of my all time favourites whose videos I can binge on for hours together! :D
1. Kalyn Nicholson: She is one of the first people I started following on Youtube, and man is she good! She makes content on vegan food, finding balance, motivation, and all things lifestyle. Her style of content creation is very interesting and her vlogs are to die for. What I particularly like about her is that she actively talks about mental health and issues that are generally considered a taboo. So if you haven’t checked her out yet, please do so immediately! :)
2. Mimi Ikonn: She is someone who’s been creating content on Youtube for ages now. Her videos are all about fashion, beauty, travel, food, and mindful living. She has a warm and calm presence which makes me want to listen to her forever. She and her husband really made a huge business empire out of helping people on Youtube and that to me is very very motivating and inspiring!
3. Matt D’Avella: I recently started following him when I randomly stumbled upon his home tour video. He is the creator of the award winning Netflix documentary on Minimalism and his channel is an absolute gem. He talks about minimal living, productivity and film making and I love how amazingly his videos are made. Definitely worth checking him out! :)
4. Pick Up Limes: Sadia, who runs Pick up Limes is a wonderful, warm, and genuine soul who talks about food, nutrition, minimalism, and productivity. She produces beautifully made videos with crisp and actionable content. I’m sure a lot of you already watch her work, but in case you’ve somehow missed out on it, do check her out!
5. Rachel Talbot: Rachel makes videos on food and home-care and she is the absolute best at it. Her videos have a calming vibe that I really love, and her content is unique and usable. While you’re checking her out, don’t forget to check her husband’s cooking channel too which goes by the name Byron Talbot.
6. SuperCarlinBrothers: J and Ben are two brothers who’ve been running this channel for a while now. Unlike most others in my list, their channel is all about the Harry Potter, Marvel, and Disney universe. They make videos on conspiracy theories, plot point explanations and sometimes, just random fan quizzes as well. Their content delivery style is very funny and engaging, and you really have to check them out if you are a POTTERHEAD like me. :D
7. Half As Interesting: This is one for the curious souls out there. The channel has videos on the most bizarre yet curious topics in the world. Why are printers so cheap yet the ink so expensive? Why is public transport so bad in the US? What will happen when the queen dies? They’ve got really fun answers to all these and more!
8. The Financial Diet: Chelsea who runs this channel makes videos on all things money- how to make it, how to spend it, how to save it, and how to invest it. No adult in the world should miss out on watching her videos. The Financial Diet is very high on my list of recommendations.
9. Food Wishes: It would be a crime for a foodie like me to not put up an out and out food channel on this list. Food Wishes, run by Chef John is a classic. This channel is to food, how FRIENDS is to sitcoms. Besides just yummy and easy recipes, you’ll also find the chef’s humor extremely pleasing and rib-ticking. Go for this one if you have to pick just one from this list.
10. Downshiftology: Run by Lisa, Downshiftology is all about food and lifestyle. If there’s one channel that I’d call very close to mine (just in terms of content, not quality. She’s wayyy better), it would be this. She is a lovely and delightful lady who’d really inspire you make a few changes in your life for good. Looking for simple, no nonsense, and classy videos? Then go for this one! :)
Some Indian Creators who I Love:
1. Fit Tuber: Vivek runs this channel and talks about all things fitness. He often busts myths around commonly used products in India that I find very bang on and eye-opening.
2. Sejal Kumar: One of the most creative and diverse Youtubers, Sejal calls herself #NotACategory. I am not going to ask you to watch her videos because I know you already do.
3. RealLife RealHome: Run by Anu, RealLife RealHome is a vlog style channel where she documents her life living in the US. One of my personal motivation for starting a Youtube channel, do watch her if you haven’t already.
Hope you find this list useful.